Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Mother's Day is a Big Deal, right?


  Mother's Day should be special shouldn't it?
I mean if we think about it, MOM's are pretty amazing!
If we were to stop, just for a minute or two and ponder all the ways she cares, provides, encourages and loves us unconditionally we should shower our Mother's with substantial praise!

When I stop and ponder about my mother.... I'm in awe actually. What a woman!
Growing up as the oldest of three boys and reflecting on those times... WOW.
All of the things she did as a mother is astounding. Awaking early in the morning before everybody, making sure us three boys were up and preparing for our school day, packing our lunches, helping us get dressed, seeing us out the door with a kiss and a smile  :)

While everybody is out for the day, tidying the home, with an occasional deep cleaning (recalling 3 boys & a husband can be very dirty).
Taking care of our needs at home... bumps and bruises and scraps getting tended to, wrapped in bandages or a good ol' fashioned band-aid, even when it wasn't necessary.
Carefully, lovingly taking us through the steps of pulling out baby teeth and we cried and cried the whole way through. But her love and patience, oh my the patience.
How incredibly patience is a mother?
There's so much more but I don't have that much patience.......

She taught us so much.
I remember as a young teenage boy in the kitchen one evening with my mother and she had just started washing the dishes from that night's dinner and she told me to help her because I needed to learn "how to do the dishes". I remember looking her right in the eyes and saying, "I don't need to learn how to do the dishes cuz my wife will do them".
She smiled and said, "Well, you may not get married right away and live on your own for a while so you'll need to know how."
Which speaks to the wisdom of a mother. And how to speak the right words that make sense to a child.... I learned how to do the dishes that night.

Then there's our Grand Mother's. Can it get any better than a Grandma?
Grandma's are the best! Talk about unconditional love. Grandma's are the happiest, most loving people in the world. So it would seem to me in my world.

That brings me to my wife, the mother of our two daughters.
Man, you talk about an amazing woman. My wife, my girls mother is absolutely incredible.
It's staggering to see her in action day in and day out.
I have learned so much about parenting my girls by just watching and seeing her love, take care of, and nurture our girls.
I can literally say I'm a better parent because of my wife, the mother of our children.

It takes me to Proverbs chapter 31, verses 10-31 where scripture describes "the godly woman". As I read through it, I see my mother, my grand-mother, and my wife.
verses 26-31 really hit home.....

"She speaks wise words
  and teaches others to be kind.
She watches over her family
    and never wastes her time.
Her children speak well of her.
    Her husband also praises her,
saying, “There are many fine women,
    but you are better than all of them.”
Charm can fool you, and beauty can trick you,
    but a woman who respects the Lord should be praised.
Give her the reward she has earned;
    she should be praised in public for what she has done."

I couldn't have said it better myself, good job God.

That's how I feel about the women (Mothers) that have greatly influenced my life. 
How about you? 

Mother's Day is a BIG DEAL, right?

I'd encourage you to go "all out" this upcoming Mother's Day because Mom's are truly amazing  :)


additional amazement of Mother's: click here

No comments: